Blepharoplasty means surgical eyelid correction. It can be accompanied by laser resurfacing of eyelids, fillers or lifting. When it is performed independently, it is done under local anaesthesia. It is only lifting on the upper eyelid, while on the lower eyelid it may be accompanied by removal of the fat deposits in the so-called “bags under the eyes”. The incisions are made in the folds and close to the eyelashes / on the lower eyelid /, which makes the scars virtually unnoticeable.
What the patient needs to know:
- Do not take Aspirin 1 week before the intervention.
- After surgery, bruising and swelling occur which disappear within a few days. Cold compresses are recommended on the day of the surgery.
- The stitches and lightweight patches stay for about 5 days and then are removed.
- Occasionally application of ophthalmic solutions or ointments is required.
- If you wear contact lenses, do not put them 7 to 10 days after surgery.
- upper eyelid – 1000 EUR
- lower eyelid – 1500 EUR
- upper and lower eyelid – 2300 EUR